Hands-on Entrepreneurial Finance: How to build a sustainable financial model for your venture, 1 June - 3 July, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
The course operates with such concepts as CapEx, OpEx, Working capital, IRR, NPV, Free Cash Flow, WACC, J-Curve, Break-Even, Valuation, Debt-Service Coverage Ratio, and many more, making financial management problems visual, understandable and predictable through excel, and actually useful for entrepreneurial decision-making. This course focuses on the specific needs of entrepreneurial ventures, including stat up and development phase financial and management problems, by tackling real-life scenarios. During and after the course the participants can work on their personal projects.
The training is designed to take 30 hours; it includes video materials, case discussions and building/analysing Excel financial models, quizzes, and teamwork. It will focus on practical managerial implications and considerations. Basic knowledge of Excel is essential to complete the course successfully. At the end of the course, participants will be able to build individually an Excel financial model, analyse different financial and management problems:
Target Audience: The course is intended to benefit start-up entrepreneurs, as well as those working in the private and non-profit sectors, by teaching them more about financial planning and budgeting through Standard Financial Statements and Key Relations.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.