For the academic year 2015/2016, the University degli Studi di Padova, Italy, is offering 15 research fellowships for foreign students to attend Doctoral Courses (see annex 1 for the list of doctoral courses and related research lines).
The duration of the doctoral courses is three years, commencing on 1St October 2015 and ending on 30th September 2018.
Each position will be covered by a fellowship of 13.638,47 Euro per year (gross value), fully funded by the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo.
During the 3-year doctoral programme, the successful candidates will be offered full board and lodging at the ESU — Azienda Regionale per it Diritto alto Studio Universitario. The relevant charges will be covered by the University degli Studi di Padova through Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo.
In order to be deemed eligible, applicants are required to meet the following criteria by the deadline date of the call:
- have foreign (non-Italian) citizenship;
- have foreign (non-Italian) residence;
- be in possession of a foreign (non-Italian) academic qualification recognised as equivalent to the Diploma di Laurea/ Laurea Specialistica/Magistrale amounting to at least four years of full time university education and leading to a doctorate in the country where the studies were carried out. For the sole purpose of this selection procedure, the qualification must be recognized equivalent to an Italian one by the Commission of the PhD course applied for (art. 4),
- be no more than 35 years old.
Candidates shall be admitted to the selection procedure with reserve.
The University may, at any time, exclude applicants who do not meet the admission requirements. In such an event, candidates will be notified by e-mail.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can only apply for one Doctoral Course among the ones listed in Annex 1 — List of Doctoral Courses and related research lines. In case of several curricula within one Course, candidates shall choose one of them.
We inform applicants that for the academic year 2015/2016, the list of the Doctoral Courses is provisional and that their activation depends on the conclusion of the Ministry examination process on their requisites (DM 45/2013). Application forms will be selected only for those Doctoral Courses that will be confirmed by the Ministry.
Applications for the competition will be available from 28th April 2015. Applications must be exclusively completed and submitted online at the web address: http://unipd.cineca.it/foreignstudents31 by 10.00 a.m. (Italian local time) of the deadline date (29th May 2015).
Only submitted applications will be taken into consideration. An Identity Document must be attached to the application form.
The University shall accept no liability for cable, IT or e-mail errors for which the University is not responsible. In order to fill in the online form, applicants must first obtain a username and a password. They will then be able to proceed with the application form by clicking on ‘Enter’ (see annex 2 for the guidelines for the completion of the application form).
Candidates must state the following information and any other relevant information on the application form and do so under their own liability:
- personal data, date and place of birth, place of residence;
- academic degree, with an indication of when and from which university it was awarded;
- the Doctoral Course and the chosen curriculum they are applying for.
Moreover candidates must:
- specify a Skype ID where they can be contacted by the Course Commission/ Evaluation Committee for a possible interview if there is a need for clarifications on the documents submitted;
- specify their knowledge of language required by the course;
- include an original research plan;
- specify the names and email addresses of two professors or experts who will write the letters of reference. These letters must be written by professors or experts who have supervised candidates in their studies and research. The requests to fill in the reference letters are sent by the candidate through the online procedure and the reference letters are filled in electronically by the professors/experts. Reference letters can be filled in and sent online by the professor/expert by 4th June 2015.
- attach the scanned copies of the certificates of the academic qualification with the list of the examinations and the marks. If these certificates are written in a language different from Italian, English, French or Spanish, an Italian or English translation must also be attached;
- attach a copy of a valid Identity Document.
The value of the award is of 13.638,47 € per year (gross amount). The fellowship is subject to social security contribution.
The value of the fellowship is increased by 50% for periods of study abroad excluding those in the official country of residence. For periods of study abroad students must have the approval of the Doctoral Course.
Fellowships are paid in monthly instalments. The first instalment is paid the month following the actual beginning of the course.
Fellowships are subject to the general terms and conditions specified in annex 3.
BOARD AND LODGING
During the 3-year doctoral programme the winners will be offered full board and lodging at the ESU – Azienda Regionale per il Diritto allo Studio Universitario. Relevant charges will be covered by the Università degli Studi di Padova through the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo.
Successful candidates will be exempted from paying attendance fees. Relevant charges will be covered by the Università degli Studi di Padova through the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo.
This selection announcement is available on the web site of the Università degli Studi di Padova: http://www.unipd.it/en/node/1053
Any amendments or supplementary information to this announcement will be published on:
- the ’albo ufficiale di Ateneo’ (official University register);
- the Università di Padova website: http://www.unipd.it/en/node/1053
Further information and detailed instructions can be obtained from:
Università degli Studi di Padova - Servizio Formazione alla Ricerca
Mrs. Katia Milan (+39 049 8271929) Mon-Fri from 10.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
Valentina Bregaglio (+39 049 8271930) ) Mon-Fri from 10.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
fax +39 049 8271934
The Fondazione "Ing. Aldo Gini" assignes grants to support International Students who plan to attend a period of study or specialization at departments of the University of Padova in the scientific fields of Agriculture, Engineering or Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences.
Deadline: September 15, 2014
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: