Global Leadership Award
If you are an international secondary school student entering an undergraduate program at UOIT on a study permit, and are currently studying outside of Canada, you can apply for UOIT's Global Leadership Award (GLA).
The GLA scholarship is one of UOIT's most prestigious entrance awards. Valued at $72,000 ($18,000 a year for four years), the GLA recognizes international secondary school applicants with strong academic and leadership abilities. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are not eligible for the GLA.
Interested applicants must complete a GLA scholarship application form - https://shared.uoit.ca/shared/department/safa/documents/scholarship-applications/global-leadership-award-application.pdf and submit it no later than Thursday, March 31, 2016, to the UOIT Registrar's office.
Awards of recognition (as of September 2015)
These awards recognize academic accomplishments for recent Canadian secondary school graduates. If you are an international student who studied at an on-shore secondary school in Canada, you may be eligible to receive an award. The following amounts are automatically awarded in your first year based on your best six 4U/4M courses (or equivalent).
- $4,000 - 95 per cent or higher
- $3,000 - 90 to 94.9 per cent
- $2,000 - 85 to 89.9 per cent
In-course scholarships (as of September 2015)
We want to recognize your academic achievements during your undergraduate studies. If you have achieved a minimum 3.7 GPA (on a 4.3 scale) during the previous year and you are returning to full-time study, you will be automatically awarded a scholarship and notified through your UOITnet email.
- $2,000 - GPA of 4.0 or higher
- $1,500 - 3.7 - 3.99 GPA
These scholarships may be increased through the generous contributions from our UOIT donors to $3,000 and $4,000.
Note: All UOIT scholarships and awards are subject to the following conditions:
- Values are subject to change.
- Awards of recognition and scholarships are only available to students applying to UOIT from secondary school within 18 months of graduation.
- Summer school and upgrading marks are not included in the grade calculation for awards.
- Students must not have previously attended a post-secondary institution.
- Students must be enrolled full-time at UOIT.
- Students may not hold more than one UOIT scholarship simultaneously.
- UOIT reserves the right to determine acceptable academic credentials, grades, and prerequisite courses to be used for admissions and awards.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: