As part of the partnership between the Gerda Henkel Stiftung and the Collège d’études mondiales, two post-doctoral grants will be awarded, for a period of 12 months, to two young researchers living outside of France.
The Collège d’études mondiales is a center of exchange and reflexion for researchers in the Social Sciences and Humanities. The institution faces head-on the methodological, epistemological and conceptual changes demanded of those who interpret contemporary phenomena.
These post-doctoral researchers will be received by one of the Chairs or one of the research initiatives at the Collège d’études mondiales in Paris. Hence, researches of the candidates should imperatively respond to the current studies of the College. The project’s coherence with the scientific reflection of the College will be taken into account when choosing the candidature.
Candidates’ research projects must be devoted to one of the following two research areas:
• “Social progress and global justice”
• “Remapping space in the global era”
Eligible disciplines: Global History, Philosophy, History or Philosophy of Law, History or Philosophy of Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, Art History, Islamic Studies.
This post-doctoral grant is worth 2,000€ per month. Travel expenses from home countries to Paris will be taken care of by the institution. The post-doctoral researchers are responsible for the costs of medical insurance.
Qualifications for admission
The admissions process for candidates will focus on the quality of their scientific backgrounds as well as their post-doctoral projects and their integration into the research conducted at the Collège d’études mondiales.
The conditions for eligibility are the following:
- Candidates must hold a PhD by the date that applications are due, having presented a thesis.
- Candidates must have lived in France for less than twelve months in the last three years.
- Candidates may submit their applications only within the first six years after the presentation of their theses.
- A good knowledge of French will be an advantage.
The application should include (in English or French):
- Doctorate degree (PhD).
- Candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and publications.
- A research project with a bibliography of main works cited (project + bibliography no more than 5 pages).
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- 1 Welcome letter from one of the Chairholders or associated researchers at the Collège d’études mondiales
Timeline & Application process
Deadline for Research proposal submission
August 15th 2017
Assessment of the research project by experts
Beginning of the Post-Doctoral grants
How to Apply
Without exception, applications must be submitted via email before August 15th 2017 to the scientific coordination at the Collège d’études mondiales : email@example.com
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: