This scholarship was established in April 1988 with financing from the Japanese government.
The aim is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB's developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Upon completion of their study programmes, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
University of Auckland programmes covered by this scholarship scheme are limited to the following:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters programmes in Engineering.
What it covers
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
- Airfare from the scholar's home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- Basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar's home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
Note: The ADB-JSP does not cover dependents.
- Applications have now closed for study commencing in 2017.
- For study commencing anytime in 2018, applications are now open and will close on 20 July 2017.
How do I apply?
Apply for admission online as an international applicant for one of the programmes listed above for the 2017 intake.
Submit the following documents in support of your application:
- ADB-JSP information sheet
- Verified copy of your passport or birth certificate
- Academic transcript and completion certificate
- IELTS/TOEFL results
- A passport-size photo.
If you are successful in gaining admission to a postgraduate programme and receive an official offer of place from the University of Auckland, you may proceed to Step 4. If you are unsuccessful or receive a conditional offer do not proceed to Step 4 until you have fulfilled the condition/s of your offer.
Complete the application form and either post or courier with all required documents to the University.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.