Joint Berlin-Jerusalem Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program
The Joint Berlin-Jerusalem Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program aims to promote research cooperation as a career track to leverage synergies between Freie Universität Berlin and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. The two universities establish a joint Post-Doctoral Fellowship scheme with competitively awarded grants to foster the career development of young researchers. The goal of this initiative is to pool resources and attract highly promising postdoctoral researchers to the combined strengths of two renowned research universities working in partnership. The Joint Post-Doctoral Fellowship aims to empower PostDocs for their next career step at a leading international research university.
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
The Fellowship is open to highly qualified researchers of all nationalities who received their Ph.D. no more than three years prior to the deadline of this call. Candidates who acquired their Ph.D. prior to that date may also apply if there was an eligible lapse in their research activity (e.g. family responsibilities). The program is open to both internal and external candidates. Applicants holding a tenure or tenure-track faculty position are not eligible. The criteria for the selection of the fellows are based on the academic excellence of the applicant, the quality of the proposed research project, the compelling demonstration of the anticipated synergy of a 2 joint Postdoc, and the commitment of the respective supervisors at both universities. The excellent research proposal should include a research plan that indicates where the Fellow will commence the postdoctoral research and how the project will profit from the research environments of both institutions. The research proposed must therefore be significantly distinct from or add significantly to the related doctoral thesis and clearly demonstrate the expected results of a joint Postdoc.
Information for interested PostDocs
- Each fellowship is awarded for 24 months, starting on October 1, 2019, and consists of two phases:
- Phase 1: 12 months of research at Freie Universität Berlin;
- Phase 2: 12 months of research at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
(or vice versa)
- The Post-Doctoral fellows will conduct their research projects under the joint supervision of Freie Universität and Hebrew University experienced researchers.
- The fellowship proposal may involve all disciplines, thematic or subject areas that exist at both universities or are complementary.
- A monthly stipend of € 2,000 and a one-time relocation allowance (€ 2,000)
Andrea Dünschede, Dahlem Research School, Freie Universität Berlin, Phone: +49 30 838 50543, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.