Overview of the program
The Franco – Thai Scholarship Program aims to support Thai students under the age of 35 who intend to study in French universities or Higher Education Institutions, at Master's degree or PhD level.
This call for applications is open to all fields of studies.
- Launch of the 2017 Franco-Thai Scholarship Program: October 2016.
- Preparation workshops by Campus France: October 2016 through February 2017.
- Deadline for online submission: February 19th, 2017
- Interview of the shortlisted candidates: March 2017
- Publication of the final list of recipients: Mid-April 2017
- Departure to France: Early September 2017
Scholarship laureates will be contacted individually. Final results will be published online on the Franco-Thai Scholarship Program website by mid-April 2017. Committee’s deliberations are beyond dispute.
Please be aware that the online application does not support special characters such as apostrophes ('). Do not use them while filling out your application as it would cause the erasement of all entered data.
The complete scholarship application file must be submitted online only. For this purpose, each candidate must:
- create a member account with a valid email address after accepting (click "I accept" below) the rules;
- fill in the form online;
- upload the requested documents;
- Make the final submission before the deadline, February 19th, 2017. Please be aware that you will not be able to modify your application after the final submission.
The member account (login and password) allows you to take your time to complete and finish the process before the deadline. Make sure you provide all the necessary information and documents before the final submission.
The scholarship application file must include:
- A filled in scholarship 2017 application form (online);
- A copy of passport / ID;
- An up-to-date résumé stating the entire academic curriculum;
- A cover letter explaining motivations and interests in the planned project;
- Copies of academic diploma (Bachelor, Masters or PhD only) ;
- University transcripts of the last two years of studies;
For Master level candidates:
- Enrolment attestation copy and/or copies of exchanges with the host university in France.
- An attestation signed by your tutor indicating his commitment to supervise your thesis; or in case of co-supervision an attestation signed by the two supervisors (Thai and French) indicating their commitment to supervise in France and in Thailand if need be;
- A detailed description of the research project (2/3 pages) including a detailed work plan.
- In case of co-supervision, a detailed plan of the various periods to spend in France during the research work.
- Cost-sharing commitment letter from the corresponding organisation;
- Academic and/or professional recommendations;
- Language proficiency certificates: French (TCF, DELF, DALF, academic degree,…) and/or English (TOEFL, TOEIC, etc.).
Conditions & Important information regarding the scholarship:
Candidate should be less than 35 years old on September 1st, 2017;
Scholarship will definitely be granted after the selected candidates provide an enrolment attestation from the chosen university;
- In case the studies are interrupted, the scholarship will automatically be suspended;
- The visa granted for the student does not lead automatically to visas for members of his/her family;
- The scholar benefits from priority access to student housing via Campus France. However, this is not systematic as the demand for this type of accommodation is considerable;
- The social protection is only provided for the duration of the scholarship and includes risk of infection and diseases, risk of accidents and liability insurance, with the exception of diseases contracted before arrival in France;
- Plane tickets will be granted by the scholarship program, but will not be available for family members.
Commitments of the grant holder
The scholarship recipient commits him/herself to:
- Attend the intensive full-time French course scheduled for 2 months at the Alliance Française in Bangkok;
- Respect the studies project he/she has been selected for;
- Before departure to France, be in possession of the official attestation of scholarship, the original copy of his/her diploma and all necessary documents;
- When arriving in France, introduce him/herself to the French authority in charge of his reception and follow-up (Campus France);
- Be in France for the whole period of his/her studies.
Useful information and Contact
Get more information on studying and living in France. Campus France offers you to improve your knowledge on French academic system but also on lifestyle in France. Please visit Campus France office to get more information and documents.
How to choose the appropriate program of study. Campus France office in Bangkok can advise you on higher education institutions, programs or opportunities related to your project in France depending on your field of study and interests. The campus France website offers also an online search engine of programs in higher education institutions in France.
How to enrol ? Please ask advice to Campus France. Depending on your project and field of study, you will be put in touch with higher education institions in France. Also, Campus France regularly organises in its office in Bangkok meetings and contacts with representatives of higher education institutions in France. These meetings give the opportunity to get in touch directly with French Professors in charge of various programs in many fields of study and get first hand information and advice. To be informed about the schedule of these meetings, please ask Campus France or follow us on our website and social networks.
Visit Campus France at the Embassy of France
35 Charoenkrung Soi 36
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: