We are looking for highly motivated PhD candidates to enrich a unique consortium of researchers that aims to unravel the neurocognitive mechanisms of language at multiple levels. The goal is to understand both the universality and the variability of the human language faculty from genes to behaviour.
Currently, our consortium advertises five PhD positions. These positions provide the opportunity for conducting world-class research as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Each PhD position has its own requirements and profile.
The Netherlands has an outstanding track record in the language sciences. The research consortium ‘Language in Interaction’, sponsored by a large grant from the Netherlands Organization for Scientific research (NWO), brings together many of the excellent research groups in the Netherlands with a research programme on the foundations of language.
What we have to offer
- employment: 1,0 fte;
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- the starting salary is €2,125 per month and will increase to €2,717 per month in the fourth year;
- you will be appointed at one of the home institutions of the consortium, depending on the PhD position applied for;
- you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years;
- you will be classified as PhD student (promovendus) or equivalent as described in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO).
- The Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of Dutch Universities or Dutch University Medical Centres will be applicable.
- Dutch Universities and the institutes involved have a number of regulations that make it possible for employees to create a good work-life balance
All institutes involved are equal opportunity employers, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Would you like to know more?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Additional information can be obtained from the contacts for the different positions.
Are you interested?
You should upload your application (attn. of Prof. dr. P. Hagoort) using the button 'Apply'. Your application should include (and be limited to) the following attachments:
- a motivation letter quoting at the top the vacancy number and the number(s) of the PhD position(s) you apply for,
- curriculum vitae,
- a list of publications,
- the names of two persons who can provide references.
Please apply before 04 October 2015, 23:59 CET. Applying for more than one position is allowed.
For more information on your application: +31 24 3611173.