Who can apply?
The Fellowships are available for PhD holders from all over the world.
What is the duration?
Fellowships are of a 12 months duration, spent in one of the ERCIM institutes.
How to apply?
Only online applications are accepted.
Next deadline for application: 30 Sep 2017
What are the conditions?
- have obtained a PhD degree during the last 8 years (prior to the application deadline) or be in the last year of the thesis work with an outstanding academic record
- be fluent in English
- be discharged or get deferment from military service
- the fellowship is restricted to two terms (one reselection possible)
- have completed the PhD before starting the grant (a proof will be requested before your arrival).
We encourage not only researchers from academic institutions to apply, but also scientists working in industry.
In order to encourage mobility:
- a member institute will not be eligible to host a candidate of the same nationality.
- a candidate cannot be hosted by a member institute, if by the start of the fellowship, he or she has already been working for this institute (including phd or postdoc studies) for a total of 6 months or more, during the last 3 years.
Two types of contracts
The fellows are appointed for 12 months either by a stipend (an agreement for a research training programme) or a working contract. The type of contract and the monthly allowance (for stipends) or salary (for working contracts) depend on the hosting institute (see table above).
It should be noted that the stipend (Fellowship Agreement) does not constitute a contract of employment. As such, no contributions are made, on behalf of the fellow, in respect of unemployment insurance or either state or private retirement schemes. The fellow will not, therefore, be entitled to any unemployment or retirement benefits under the Fellowship Agreement.