About the Program
The Erasmus Mundus project ELECTRA has been launched in 2012 to foster the cooperation between the European Union and their Eastern Neighbouring countries to tackle environmental, energy and sustainable development issues through research, education and innovation.
During the academic years 2013-2016 the project awards 248 grants to students, researchers and staff for visits in partner universities. Study, research and job opportunities are available for citizens of European Union and nationals from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarusia, Georgia and Ukraine.
On the kick-off meeting held in November 2012 all partners agreed on specific research and study fields like there are environment information management systems, resource and waste management, renewable energy, land use management and biodiversity
Study and Research
The ELECTRA partnership targets sustainable development strategies and practice in EU and ENPI countries. National and transnational objectives meet at a core set of common actions:
(i) development and implementation of clean technologies,
(ii) transition from today´s energies to renewable energies,
(iii) resource management plus energy efficiency and
(iv) healthy environments.
Most of the available mobility schemes of ELECTRA are located within these topical areas. Combined, ELECTRA offers a comprehensive research driven transnational strategy for education and training of those experts needed in the emerging labour markets of the participating countries.
In this section all information regarding the application and selection procedure is provided. Within ELECTRA there are different calls for application:
- 1st call for applications was open from January 18th, 2013 to March 11th, 2013
- 2nd call for applications was open from December 7th, 2013 to January 31th, 2014
- 3rd call for applications is open from November 27th, 2014 to February 2nd, 2015 15:00 UTC.
- 4th call for applications is open until September 9th, 2015.
Applications outside of these time slots cannot be accepted.
How to apply for an Electra scholarship?
- Check if you are eligible and identify the target group you belong to - http://www.electra-project.eu/index.php/applicants/who-can-apply.
- Choose - http://www.electra-project.eu/index.php/applicants/how-to-apply#choose your subject as well as a study, research or work opportunity and potential host institutes.
- Collect all the documents - http://www.electra-project.eu/index.php/applicants/how-to-apply#documents required to complete your application.
- Fill in the online application form - http://www.electra-project.eu/index.php/applicants/how-to-apply#form.
- Check and submit - http://www.electra-project.eu/index.php/applicants/how-to-apply#submit your application.
Study and Research Opportunities
Here you will find an overview of the study and research opportunities offered by the Electra project to students, researchers, and staff.
Thus, before applying, check the available fields and courses of your preference host.
Please note that general information about the application procedure, selection criteria you can find in the section applicants - http://www.electra-project.eu/index.php/applicants
Study and Research Opportunities
|Country||University||(Subject code) Fields of study||website|
|Armenia||Armenian National Agrarian University, Yerevan||
|Armenia||Yerevan State University, Yerevan||
|Azerbaijan||Baku State University, Baku||
|Azerbaijan||Khazar University, Baku||
|Belarus||Belarusian National Technical University, Minsk||
|Belarus||Belarusian State University, Minsk||
|Bulgaria||University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy Sofia, Sofia||
|Finland||University of Oulu||
|Germany||University of Oldenburg, Oldenburg||
|Georgia||Ilia State University, Tibilis||
|Georgia||Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Tbilisi||
|Georgien||Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University, Batumi||
|Ireland||University of Limerick, Limerick||
|Italy||Politecnico di Torino, Torino||
|Poland||Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Krakow||
|Portugal||Universidade do Minho, Braga||
|Spain||Universitat Politecnica de Valencia, Valencia||
|Ukraine||Odessa National Polytechnic University, Odessa||
|Ukraine||Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev, Kyiv||
|Ukraine||Zaporizhzhya National University||
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: