This program is for visitors that do not require financial support from the East-West Center. The East-West Center Honolulu will provide an office with computer and internet access as well as access to resource materials at both EWC's Resource Information Services (RIS) and the University of Hawaii's library system.
Applicants must submit the following by March 31, 2017 to be considered for the period from October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018.
- Application form
- A cover letter indicating the research theme or project for which the applicant is applying
- Curriculum vitae (For security purposes, please do not include any personal information--e.g., birthdate, social security numbers, and/or passport number. In addition, your CV may be circulated among EWC staff.)
- Research proposal (3 to 5 pages) including:
The research proposal should include the following:
- Setting out the issue or issues they propose to investigate.
- Their research method.
- The relationship of the proposed study to ongoing work in the area.
- How the proposed study can advance regional development and cooperation.
- The duration of fellowship required, expected time that the applicant can be in residence in Honolulu at the East-West Center.
- The anticipated publication product.
Washington office inquiries should be directed to: Washington@EastWestCenter.org
Applications for Honolulu should be emailed to Fellowships@EastWestCenter.org or mailed to:
c/o Ms. Penny Higa, East-West Center
1601 East-West Road
Honolulu, Hawaii 96848-1601
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: