Durham University International Senior Fellowships
The EU-sponsored Durham International Fellowships for Research and Enterprise (DIFeREns) allows Durham University to gather together scholars, researchers, policy makers or practitioners from around the world and across the full spectrum of science, social science, arts and humanities to address themes of global significance in collaboration with Durham's Research Institutes and researchers.
As part of the DIFeREns scheme Durham University recruits two types of Senior Fellow :
- Senior Research Fellowships
- Policy and Enterprise Fellowships
Up to 24 Fellowships will be available in (2016-17): 16 Senior Research Fellowships and 8 Policy and Enterprise Fellowships.
Applications are encouraged from individuals who wish to work on collaborative research projects with one of Durham University's thematic Institutes or with the Durham University Business School (DUBS) :
- Biophysical Sciences Institute (BSI)
- Durham Energy Institute (DEI)
- Durham Global Security Institute (DGSI)
- Institute of Advanced Research Computing (iARC)
- Institute of Computational Cosmology (ICC)
- Institute of Hazard, Risk and Resilience (IHRR)
- Institute of Medieval and Early Modern Studies (IMEMS)
- Institute of Particle Physics Phenomenology (IPPP)
- Wolfson Research Institute (WRI)
However, applications are also welcome from individuals wishing to collaborate on a research project associated with other research groups or Research Centres at Durham University.
To be eligible, in line with the terms of funding set by Marie Curie, "researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account". The reference date is 1 July 2016. For full details please visit http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/dc/index.cfm?fuseaction=UserSite.PeopleDetailsCallPage&call_id=381.
Before applying, applicants must seek the agreement of a Durham academic to act as their host.
The closing date for applications, for both categories of Fellowship is 08 January 2016.
- 2016 Senior Fellowships - Further Particulars (last modified: 12 October 2015)
- 2016 Senior Fellowship Application Form - Round 2 (last modified: 12 October 2015)
- 2016 JRF Proforma - Durham Staff Only (last modified: 15 September 2015)
- Eligibility Guide - COFUND / Addison-Wheeler (last modified: 16 October 2014)
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: