Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is pleased to announce its paid Internship Program. Interns gain practical work experience and support the work of our Communications, Development, Program, Human Resources (both for the field and the office), and Executive departments. Interns also gain a basic introduction to the field of international medical humanitarian aid and advocacy. All internships will take place in our New York office and will be paid at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
- This is a competitive program. Candidates will be selected on a merit basis.
- Due to high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted after the application deadline.
- Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may apply for more than one term, but will only be contacted regarding the most current term.
- International candidates are responsible for securing their U.S. work permit. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- All candidates are responsible for their own accommodation (and relocation, if applicable) in New York City. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- No calls or e-mails please regarding application status.
In addition to paid internships, Doctors Without Borders participates in work/study programs for those who qualify.
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Manager
Type of position: Intern, paid
Time Commitment: 20 hrs/week
Duration: 6 months
Location: New York City
Objective: To assist the Human Resources department with the administration of benefits and payroll for domestic and field staff, while gaining practical experience in and learning about human resources. S/he will learn about human resources administration for a large non-profit organization and the general workings of a large international humanitarian aid organization.
Overview: The Human Resources Intern will support the activities of the Human Resources department. The activities include payroll and benefits administration for domestic and field staff updating the HRIS, and performing numerous administrative duties. S/he will also have the opportunity, through working in the office, to learn about MSF's programs and how it operates in the United States. This internship is ideal for anyone interested in human resources or administration for a non-profit.
Duties: The Human Resources Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Check incoming paperwork to make sure it is complete,
- Update HRIS system,
- Perform data entry and other administrative support tasks,
- Attend Brown Bag Lunch presentations, public education events, and staff and department meetings as often as scheduling allows.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy,
- Ability to execute tasks demanding focus,
- Good organizational skills,
- Strong writing and computer skills,
- Experience or interest in HR practices, especially for a nongovernmental organization an asset,
- Fluent in English, French an asset,
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of MSF.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: