PhD Scholarship - Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP) / Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR)
The RTP scholarships (previously APA) are funded by the Australian Federal Government, while the DUPR scholarships are funded by Deakin University. Both awards are available to domestic and international students. Only top-ranked applicants in a scholarship round will be offered an RTP.
Value and duration
VALUE (CONDITIONS APPLY)
- A stipend of $26,682 per annum tax exempt (2017 rate)
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (2017) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- 12 weeks paid sick leave
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for international students for the duration of 4 years.
- Applicants must meet Deakin's research degree entry requirements, be enrolling full-time and hold an Honours degree (First Class) or a Master's degree with a substantial research component in a related field.
- Applicants who have commenced their research degree must have at least 2/3 of their equivalent candidature remaining.
- Applicants applying for Research Masters or Research Doctorate must not hold an equivalent research qualification.
The primary criterion is a high standard of Honours (a year of assessed research following an undergraduate course) or its equivalent. Equivalence could include:
- research Master’s degree with at least 2/3 of the degree comprising a thesis graded at 80%+
- coursework Master’s degrees or graduate diplomas that include a research project or thesis of 10,000 to 20,000 words, to 80%+ standard, and research methodology units
- comparable qualifications from international universities including a research project or thesis of 10,000 to 20,000 words and a GPA with an 80%+ standard
- relevant postgraduate research experience
- independently refereed journal articles, publications, or conference papers
- professional reporting or prior learning
- research related awards or prizes
- other evidence of research ability.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: