PhD Scholarship - New Sizing Agents for Carbon Fibre
A PhD scholarship is available in CSIRO and Deakin University's Institute for Frontier Materials (IFM).
The PhD student, will initiate and conduct research on the topic of ‘New Sizing Agents for Carbon Fibre’ led by Dr Sally Hutchinson, A/Prof Joselito Razal and Dr Nisa Salim. The successful applicant will be based at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.
Value and duration
- A stipend of $26,682 per annum tax exempt (2017 rate)
- A relocation allowance up to $1,500 (2017 rate) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- Paid sick, maternity and parental leave
- Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for international students for the duration of 4 years.
Candidates must satisfy the below criteria in addition to the eligibility criteria specific to the project.
- Successful applicants must have achieved a first class Honours degree or equivalent. Please refer to the entry pathways to higher degrees by research for further information.
- Awards are only available to those who will be undertaking a Masters or Doctoral degree full‐time in 2017 and have applied for, or are currently enrolled in, a higher degree by research.
- Applicants who have commenced their graduate research degree must have at least 12 months fulltime or equivalent candidature remaining.
Additional Eligibility requirements:
- Previous experience in synthetic organic chemistry preferred.
- Sound knowledge of polymer chemistry.
- Knowledge of key techniques such as NMR, FTIR, MS, viscosity determination, strength testing.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.