Dalhousie University General Entrance Award Program
For full consideration for entrance awards, students admitted to Dalhousie directly from high school must apply for the general entrance award program. By completing this single application, students are considered for the large majority of entrance scholarships and bursaries. A select number of available awards still require the separate application.
The Entrance Award application for 2018-2019 is now available. Please see below for directions on how to apply.
In addition to submitting their General Entrance Award application, students must also:
- Apply for admission to Dalhousie directly from high school (gap years are acceptable if the applicant has not attended another post-secondary institution)
- Submit a transcript of their Grade 12 first-semester finals (or up-to-date official transcript if the applicant’s high school is not semestered) to the Registrar's Office. Please note: If you have already submitted your transcript to the Registrar's office as part of your Admissions application, you do not need to submit another copy for awards purposes. Ontario and Nova Scotia applicants may submit their provincial student ID number instead of a transcript.
- Submit all supporting documentation as required by optional sections within the General Entrance Award application (e.g., Notices of Assessment, medical documentation, etc.)
80% admission average or 26 predicted/anticipated IB Diploma points. The admission average is calculated based upon the five required courses for the program to which the student has applied.
Dalhousie awards more than 2,000 entrance awards to the first-year class including:
- One time entrance scholarships and bursaries
- Renewable entrance scholarships and bursaries
- Awards based on specific criteria (ie high school attended, program, home province, extracurricular activities, etc.)
Following awards are available for international students:
Slaight Family Foundation Scholarship - 1 available
Value: $100,000 - $25,000 renewable for 4 years
Open to: Students from Africa entering their first undergraduate degree, who demonstrate good academic standing, community involvement, and financial need.
Richard and Melda Murray Jamaican Engineering Scholarship - 2 available
Value: $88,000 - $22,000 renewable for 4 years
Open to: Students from Jamaica entering the Bachelor of Engineering program, who demonstrate good academic standing and financial need.
CorpFinance International Limited (Kevin Andrews) Indian Bursary - 1 available
Value: $60,000 - $15,000 renewable for 4 years
Open to: Students from India who demonstrate good academic standing and financial need and are entering the Bachelor of Commerce program.
Please note: these awards do not require a separate application; for consideration, apply to the General Entrance Award program by the deadline.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" bellow.