2018 - Curtin Humanitarian Fund
The Curtin Humanitarian Fund has been developed by Curtin University to support Curtin undergraduate and postgraduate students from a refugee-like background who are experiencing financial difficulty in meeting the costs of pursuing higher education.
The fund is in accordance with Curtin’s long-standing, formal commitment to Ethics and Social Justice.
- Future Students
- Health Sciences
- Curtin Business School
- Science & Engineering
- Postgraduate Coursework
Conditions that need to be met to keep your scholarship
Recipients must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in initial course of study
- Maintain enrolment each semester at Curtin University
- Maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of at least 50 each semester
- Fail no more than one unit attempted each semester
Scholarship continuity is subject to meeting satisfactory academic progress as outlined above. Progress will be assessed at the end of each study period. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, a recipient with unsatisfactory progress or who breaches the scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the scholarship. Exceptional circumstances must be forwarded to and shall be at the discretion of the Scholarships Office.
Changes to enrolment
If a recipient intends to do any of the following they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval BEFORE the change. The Scholarships Office will advise how the change will affect their scholarship.
- Change of course
- Leave of absence: Students must complete at least one semester of study before applying for a leave of absence from their scholarship. If approved, the maximum period of leave is 12 months. Please note that leave of absence is separate from deferral.
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A recipient who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from studies will become ineligible for continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments and will be required to repay to Curtin University the stipend awarded for that study period if applicable.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.