Provincial governmental scholarship
Jiangsu Provincial Government has set up the Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship for international students in order to promote the development of higher education of International students in Jiangsu, to further improve the profile of Jiangsu Education to the world, to highlight the brand of Study in Jiangsu and to make Jiangsu a preferred province for international students to study in. This scholarship will be provided to the excellent overseas students or scholars to undertake full time study in universities and colleges of Jiangsu. It will also include those non-degree program students and exchange students in accordance with educational exchange agreements and MOUs between the Jiangsu Provincial Government and the governments of other states, institutions, universities and international organizations. China Pharmaceutical University is authorized as one of the host universities to accept international students under the scholarship.
ⅠBasic Information and Duration of the Scholarships
- A fee waiver of tuition, registration, laboratory experiments, internship, and basic textbooks;
- Accommodation: Free on-campus dormitory accommodation (double room),
- Monthly stipend: CNY1, 500 per month
Students registering before the 15th of the month (the 15th included) will receive full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive half stipend of that month.
If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date
- Medical insurance
Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students while in China.
CNY 30000 for one year and the awardees will receive the scholarship half by half in two semesters.
Ⅱ Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
4 academic year
3 academic year
Bachelor's, master's and doctoral candidates
1 academic year
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People's Republic of China, and be in good health;
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree program must be high school graduates and under the age of 25;
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40;
3. Language requirements
- HSK 5 and above for Chinese-taught programs;
- IELTS 6.5 or above or IBT 90 or above for English-taught programs;
4. Applicants should have competitive academic records and strong scientific research abilities;
5. Applicants cannot be recipients of other scholarships offered by Chinese government, local governments or other organizations simultaneously.
1. Applicants need to submit the application online and send the required applications to the Section of International Students of China Pharmaceutical University for review and get pre-acceptance letter.
2. Submit the online application at Study in Jiangsu website
3. Submit the required documents to the Office of Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship Management Team.
Mailing Address: Room 1212, No. 15, West Beijing Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China,
Tel: +86 25 83335332
Fax: +86 25 83335521
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).
- Application Form (print and sign the form after submitting application online)
- Photocopy of the passport;
- The notarized photocopy highest diploma and transcripts. If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide Certificate of Enrollment or Employment accordingly. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English;
- Chinese Language test report (HSK) for Chinese-taught programs and English language test report e.g. IELTS or TOEFL for English-taught programs;
- A study or research proposal (written in Chinese or English and no less than 800 words);
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors in Chinese or English (applicable to master’s and PhD candidates and professors’ signature, contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter);
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration as they plan to take the medical examination.
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of application.
Deadline for Application
April 15, 2017
VII. Admission and Notification
1. China Pharmaceutical University will review all the application materials and submit the name list to The Office of Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship Management Team. Decisions for admission and for granting the scholarships will be made on the basis of the applicants’ competitiveness, academic record and otherwise.
2. After the name list is reviewed and approved by The Office of Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship Management Team, the scholarship awardees will be notified and Admission Notice and other relevant documents will be processed and sent out.
3. All applicants need to pay RMB2000 Yuan as a deposit and will get refunded after registration at China pharmaceutical University.
Annual Review of the Scholarship
1. The international office will carry out a comprehensive annual review of the scholarship students’ academic performance, attitude towards study, attendance records, behavior, rewards and punishments etc. in accordance with the Measures of Annual Review of Scholarship Status at CPU.
2. Scholarship students must pass the review to qualify themselves for next year’s scholarship funding. Those who fail the review may have their scholarship suspended or terminated next year.
3. Those whose scholarship have been suspended may continue their study at the university at their own expense, and if they wish to resume eligibility of receiving the scholarship, they may attend the review next year and, upon passing the review, apply for the continuity of the Scholarship.
4. Those whose scholarships have been officially terminated are not eligible to apply for recovery of the Scholarship.
Section of International Students
Office of International Exchange and Cooperation
China Pharmaceutical University
# 639 Longmian Avenue, Jiangning District Nanjing 211198 China
Contact: Mr. QIU, Mr. ZHANG
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: