Ninth Baffi Carefin International Banking Conference "Banking and Financial Regulation"
Call For Papers
October 9th, 2017, Milan, Italy
Sponsored by Intesa Sanpaolo
The BAFFI CAREFIN Centre for Applied Research on International Markets, Banking, Finance and Regulation at Universita Bocconi in Milan (Italy) announces a call for papers for its ninth Conference on Banking and Financial Regulation, to be held at Bocconi University on October 9th, 2017.October 9th, 2017, Milan, Italy.
Keynote Speaker: Yves Mersch, Member of the Executive Board, European Central Bank
TOPICS: We are particularly interested in theoretical or empirical papers addressing the issue of financial regulation and bank risk-taking. We will consider topics which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The impact of liquidity regulation and macro-prudential policy
- The effects of unconventional monetary policy and low interest rates on bank risk taking
- Cross-border lending and the globalization of banking
- Bank corporate governance and risk taking
- Resolution mechanisms (bail-in and deposit insurance) and bank risk
- The real effects of banking regulation
- The shadow banking system's implications for financial intermediation and regulation
- The potential role of securitization in the post-crisis banking system
- The challenge of non-performing loans (NPLs)
- The role of derivatives within the banking system
- Regulatory supervision and enforcement
- New lending technologies: peer-to-peer lending and crowd-funding
Quality research papers on other financial intermediation topics will also be considered.
SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY BOARD:
Elena Carletti, Universita L. Bocconi and CEPR
Mark Flannery, University of Florida
Paolo Fulghieri, University of North Carolina and ECGI
Nicola Gennaioli, Universita L. Bocconi and ECGI
Philipp Hartmann, European Central Bank
Iftekhar Hasan, Fordham University
Steven Ongena, University of Zurich, Swiss Finance Institute and CEPR
George Pennacchi, University of Illinois
Jose-Luis Peydro, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, CREI, Barcelona GSE and CEPR
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: The deadline for submission of papers is May 15th, 2017. Papers should be sent to email@example.com with an e-mail message entitled "BANK CALL". Selected authors will be notified by July 5th, 2017.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Accepted papers will be presented at the conference that will be held at Bocconi University, Milan on October 9th, 2017. Travel and accommodation expenses (one author per paper) will be covered by the conference organisers.
A pre-conference dinner will be arranged on the evening of October 8th to be held in the city center. An informal conference dinner will take place on the evening of October 9th.
Ms. Elena Suragni
Centre for Applied Research on International Markets, Banking, Finance and Regulation
Via Roentgen 1
20136 - Milan (ITALY)
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: