CALL FOR PAPERS
2 nd YOUNG RESEARCHER SKILLS DEVELOPMENT WEEK
11th Doctoral Student Conference 17-20 MAY 2017
VENUE: THE INTERNATIONAL FACULTY OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD, CITY COLLEGE
L. SOFOU 3, THESSALONIKI, GREECE
Building on the success of the ten previous Doctoral conferences which attracted a total of more than 900 research papers from countries all over the SE European region and beyond, we are pleased to be launching the Call for Papers for the 11th Doctoral Student Conference which will take place under the 2 nd YOUNG RESEARCHER SKILLS DEVELOPMENT WEEK. The aim of the conference is to further facilitate the exchange of knowledge between young researchers, and to consolidate the established network of scholars currently undertaking research in South East Europe. Doctoral students, young researchers and Master’s students which are close to completing their postgraduate studies in the areas of Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, Information & Communication Technologies, Psychology and Behavioural Sciences, Politics, Sociology and English Studies are invited to attend and present papers related to their doctoral or ongoing research. Workshops will also take place that will aim at providing participants with an insight on writing and publishing academic papers, and impact and dissemination skills.
The conference will comprise of:
1. Paper sessions
2. Special workshops/training sessions delivered by distinguished academics
3. Panel discussions
4. Social events
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT FROM ATTENDING THE 2 nd YOUNG RESEARCHER SKILLS DEVELOPMENT WEEK?
By participating in the 2 nd YOUNG RESEARCHER SKILLS DEVELOPMENT WEEK you are given the opportunity to:
- Present your work in a friendly environment and receive extensive and valuable feedback from experts in your field
- Strengthen your network with other PhD and postgraduate students as well as with distinguished academics and professionals in your area
- Apply for the ‘Best Papers’ Award
- Publish your work in the Conference Proceedings which will be indexed at EBSCO database
- Publish your work in respectable Academic Journals (selected papers only)
- Further develop your academic and research skills
- Participate in workshops that will add value to your research efforts Develop your academic, research and employability skills
- Learn about research in different disciplines
- Enrich your CV
WORKSHOPS OF THE 2 nd YOUNG RESEARCHER SKILLS DEVELOPMENT WEEK
This year the 2 nd YOUNG RESEARCHER SKILLS DEVELOPMENT WEEK is offering workshops that every PhD candidate will find extremely useful. They will cover a broad area of topics which are of great importance both to students who are at the start of the elaboration of their PhD thesis and to students who are close to its completion. These workshops will be announced at the middle of February 2017:
Depending on the stage of your research, you can submit either a short paper (3-5 pages) or a long paper (8-15 pages). All research papers will be reviewed by at least 2 expert reviewers, and authors will have access to the feedback provided. All accepted papers that will be orally presented during the conference will be included in the conference proceedings. During the presentation at the conference the participant will have the opportunity to acquire additional feedback from two discussants that will participate in the session.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: