Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
- Develop and implement strategies to build strong institutional and brand identity.
- Maintain public relations with all entities outside the university including government ministries, private companies, local and international organizations, and media outlets.
- Pitch stories and schedule interviews between media outlets and AUA faculty and staff regarding developments within the university and work being done within departments, e.g. new programs, research, and other potentially interesting news.
- Manage and monitor all elements of the University brand to ensure that it remains consistent with the values, personality and objectives of the University.
- Regularly meet with all University departments to understand their PR and marketing needs.
- Plan and implement PR and marketing campaigns including through traditional and social media.
- Oversee the development, design and production of supporting and promotional materials, such as films, brochures, presentations, infographics, exhibition layouts, donor recognition collateral, corporate gifts, etc.
- Assist in managing and guiding support staff within department.
- Ensure stock of promotional materials in Armenian and US offices.
- Monitor media daily and send reports every morning.
- Organize market research including focus groups to better understand expectations of audiences.
- Work closely with Admissions, Development, and the Institutional Research Office (IRO) to analyze data for strategic planning and key message development.
- Offer detailed reports of PR and marketing activities.
- Organize press conferences.
- Assemble public relations and media kits for guests and media, respectively.
- Issue media advisories regarding events at the university.
- Support design process through contribution of concepts and designs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
- Must believe in the AUA mission, be able to take initiative, and possess a positive and can-do attitude.
- University degree, preferably in business, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Fluency in English and Armenian; some Russian preferred but not required.
- Experience with email marketing, social media, and public relations.
- At least 4 years of work experience, preferably with some managerial duties.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with a variety of constituencies.
How to apply: A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Communications Manager”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution.