A genuine incubator of research, the LabEx EHNE thus provides an exceptional framework for reflecting on the history of the European continent, while offering to popularize the results of this research with a broad public. The creation of a digital encyclopedia represents one of its primary objectives in this regard.
The project brings together five partner laboratories from three university institutions (the universités Paris 1 Paris-Sorbonne and Paris-Sorbonne, université de Nantes), as well as the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS). It is led by Professor Éric Bussière (université Paris-Sorbonne, UMR 8138 Sirice).
Within the LabEx, research strand 5 explores the central role that war and its aftermath have played in modern European history. Its researchers study wars along with their material, memorial, and mental traces…in an interdisciplinary manner and within a European context that is beyond national histories or overly tight chronologies, which are overrepresented in studies regarding war. They consequently seek to understand war in all of its dimensions, including material, human, economic, and symbolic ones.
The selected candidate must organize a study day, write encyclopedia entries (at least two) , and participate in/organize conferences or seminars in connection with the research strand 5.
A stay for one to three month(s) during 2017: either between February and June, or between September and November (period to be specified)
Requirements for eligibility:
- Senior researchers holding a position or affiliated with a foreign institution
- Strong mastery of French and/or English
- Compensation: pay equivalent to that of a professor of exceptional class (monthly salary: 4 800 € net)
- Transportation: the LabEx EHNE will pay for a round-trip ticket for the selected candidate between their place of customary residence and Paris
- Research resources: availability of an office with computer equipment
- Obligatory Paris residence
- The application should be written in French or English
- It should be sent no later than October 31, 2016
- Responses will be sent on November 15, 2016
The documents should be sent in a single electronic file to the following address: email@example.com
The application must imperatively include the following:
- Complete application form
- Curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications
- Presentation of the research project (maximum 5 pages) followed by a selective bibliography
- A short presentation of the academic manifestation-s planned (round table…)
- One or two articles that the candidate would like to bring to the selection committee’s attention
For more information click "Further official information" below.