Call for Applications
Senior and junior core fellows spend 3-9 months in Budapest and pursue their own research. They receive a stipend and accommodation at the Raoul Wallenberg Guesthouse from the Institute.
Fellowships are available in all research areas of the social sciences and humanities, broadly defined. Fellowships run for the full 9-month period (October-June), for the 3-month “short fall semester” (October-December), the 5-months “long fall semester” (October-February) or the 6-month spring semester (January-June). Each year, IAS CEU selects for this program some 15 fellows.
The call for applications for 2020/2021 is now open! The deadline is October 7, 2019.
Eligibility, qualifications, experience
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent in the social sciences or humanities at the time of their application.
- Only those with publications in internationally recognized scholarly outlets will be considered.
- Junior fellows must have obtained a Ph.D. degree issued in 2012 or later and must apply for the junior fellowship. Candidates who obtained their Ph.D. before 2012 are considered “senior” and must apply for the senior fellowship.
- Full time CEU employees and students are not eligible to apply for 5 years after the ending of their studies/contract (degrees must have been received and contracts must have ended by December 31, 2014 or earlier).
- Part time/temporary employees of CEU are not eligible for 1 year after their contract ended (their contract must have ended by December 31, 2018 or earlier).
- Former fellows of IAS CEU are not eligible to apply until a period of 7 years has passed since their previous fellowship. Applications may be considered only in exceptional cases.
- Reapplication is possible only 3 times within a period of 5 years.
- Applicants are expected to be able to communicate fluently in English as this is the working language of the Institute and CEU.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.