Carrying Out a Successful Research Project: Methods, Tools and Techniques, November 8-December 8, 2016, 19:00-21:00
This course is designed for those who want to become professional researchers. It aims to equip the participants with all the necessary methods and skills they will need for writing a competent dissertation, research paper, academic article and other research projects.
The course will be divided in two parts. The first part will focus on a variety of qualitative research techniques to gather and analyse data. The participants will understand how to conduct in-depth interviews and observations, how to run focus-groups and how to analyse text and talk with qualitative methods.
The participants will then be introduced to key quantitative methods with emphasis on the objective measurements and statistical analysis of data collected through polls, questionnaires, and surveys. They will learn how to conduct a survey and collect and analyse data with the latest SPSS software.
The target auditorium consists of current and prospective (under)graduate and PhD students, people who wish to pursue their careers in academia, and people who want to improve their research skills at local, international, governmental and non-governmental organisations.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.