Caritas works for justice, peace and development to testify Christ’s love for humankind. Its guiding values and principles are the centrality of the human person, fraternity, solidarity and gratuitousness, peace, integral human development, religious freedom and cultural diversity, cooperation and subsidiarity, professionalism and heartfelt concern for the poor, responsibility for a sound ecological order. Caritas Europa expects its staff members and interns to acknowledge its identity, contribute to these values and commit to its vision and mission while on duty.
In order to support Caritas Europa’s institutional development work, the Secretariat based in Brussels is offering a
INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
Agreement with University/Higher Education Institute Full time – 6 months
The intern will support the Institutional Development Unit in the implementation of the annual work plan. S/he will contribute to the preparation, organisation and follow up to planned activities and events.
The intern will be part of the Institutional Development Unit and will report directly to the Unit Director.
The intern will assist the Institutional Development unit in:
• Updating the mapping of Caritas Europa Members’ activities including supporting Members in registering with International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) and exporting mapping info to IATI
• Proofreading of articles and publication of updates for the Faith and ActionPlatform
• Ensuring the smooth running of the Caritas Europa internal grant system(Solidarity Mechanism)
• Project Management of institutional grants
• Drafting of documents and in communications with CE MemberOrganisations
• Gathering testimonies/good case studies from Member Organisations
• Organising Caritas’ events (such as the 2017 Organisational Development forum and the Learning Path) in terms of administration, stage directions, logistics, andreporting
• Drafting and dissemination of conference reports
S/he will participate in unit and team meetings and inform the team members on progressin fields of work.
The intern will also support other units when requested by his/her linemanager
• Master student in Political Science, EU or international studies, European Law, Social Policies, Economy, Development, Management, or related field;
• Fluent in spoken and written English, preferably with good command in some other European language(s). The working language isEnglish;
• Developed organisational skills with an hands-on attitude;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Reporting skills;
• Self-motivated, helpful and dedicated team player, able to function as part of a small office team;
• Excellent IT and computer skills in all Windows applications;
• Experience working within or with the Caritas network or other civil society organisations is an asset.
Written agreement between the candidate’s university/higher education institute is a prerequisite, since the internship would be fulfilling part of a university study requirement. Insurance and main costs are to be covered by the university or the student. Caritas Europa will provide monthly travel support within Brussels.
The preferred duration of the internship is 6 months, but exceptions may be made. The minimum duration, however, is no less than 3 months. Please specify the dates of availability for the internship and the extent of flexibility in the timing. We are looking for a candidate from September 2017 and onwards.
How to apply
Please submit a motivation letter (max 1 page) and your CV to email@example.com mentioning in the subject “Institutional Development Internship”.
Deadline to apply
17 August 2017 at 23:59 (Brussels time)
We thank in advance all candidates for their interest in this offer.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: