Business practices of the Western world or Adventures of an Armenian in the US, 17 May, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
The following lecture will surround the idea of the differences of business practices in the US vs. business practices in Armenia. It will highlight the challenges and learning experiences that one may face through examples.
Main points of the Lecture:
-Western business jargon.
-Pace of doing business.
-working with overseas clients and their time differences.
-Armenia black and white thinking vs. US shades of grey.
-Persistence and aggressive follow up in Sales.
The goal of this lecture is to shed some light on doing business in the US from real hand experiences and encourage participants to be open to new ways of learning and doing business that might be different from their own.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.