|Degree||Master of Business Administration and Engineering|
|Standard Duration||3 semesters|
|Admission requirements||Bachelor or equivalent international degree with at least 180 ECTS, one year of professional experience after the Bachelor, knowledge of English|
|Tuition fees||€ 11,000 for the degree and ca. € 290 semester fees (including semester ticket)|
|Social media||Facebook, LinkedIn|
Diverse and interdisciplinary
The Master of Business Administration and Engineering (MBA&E) at HTW Berlin offers an excellent combination of business administration and engineering. By choosing from specialisations in
- Automotive Management
- Interdisciplinary Management
- Lean Management
- Global Procurement (NEW!)
you can create your individual profile.
New specialization in 2016: Global Procurement
In particular large companies are tightly integrated to foreign supply markets. Successful global procurement requires interdisciplinary competencies that overlap business administration, technology, psychology, ethics and intercultural skills. The new MBA&E specialization "Global Procurement" - introduced in October 2016 - addresses this particular, currently underserved job market segment. With our robust interdisciplinary curriculum and international student body we believe to offer a highly competitive study with attractive career opportunities in an international context.
The specialization curriculum and other details are provided on our website in early 2016.
It is important that you have accumulated a minimum of 180 credit points in your first degree programme. Ideally, your degree (Bachelor or equivalent) should be in a relevant business administration or engineering subject. However, applications from other subjects will also be considered. At least one year of professional experience after acquiring your Bachelor’s degree is also expected. A good knowledge of written and spoken English is essential:
- TOEFL: at least 570 points in the paper-based test, at least 230 points in the computer-based test, at least 88 points in the online test
- IELTS: minimum score of 6.5.
- Having spent at least two years in an English speaking country or studied a previous degree in English (please attach proof)
Other proof of language proficiency may also be accepted – please contact us by e-mail.
When allocating study places, the following selection criteria are taken into account:
- Academic background and previous studies
- Nature and scope of work experience
- Personal motivation to study as indicated by your application documents and, if necessary, a telephone interview.
Application deadline for the winter semester
HTW Berlin only enrols students on this study programme in the winter semester. The last date for submitting your application is 15 June. Later applications will only be considered if there are still study places available.
Note that early admissions are available to well-qualified candidates throughout the application period. Results and admissions are given ca. one month from application. Therefore, it is in your interest to apply early. Please contact us for further information.
Fill out the Application Document [PDF] and submit it together with the following documents in a PDF file by e-mail:
- Letter of motivation (1-2 pages): How would the MBA&E take you forward with your career plans? How do you see your contribution to the degree programme?
- A copy of your degree certificate together with a grade transcript and if necessary an English or German translation
- References, letters of recommendation or testimonials from your (current) employer
- Proof of English proficiency
- A copy of your passport or identity card
Applicants from China, Vietnam or Mongolia: certificate from the academic test centre (APS). Further information can be found on the website of the Germany embassy in your country.
Information on applying for a visa can be found on the main website of HTW Berlin.
This opportunity was originally published here: https://mbae.htw-berlin.de/