Brunel University International Scholarships
Thanks to the generosity of Brunel’s alumni and supporters, we are offering 37 awards,which will comprise a 15% discount on the cost of tuition fees. The International Scholarships are open to Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research students who are classed as overseas for fee purposes.
The Brunel International Scholarship Programme is an annual award open to all international students. Our goal is to provide over £110,000 of financial support to exceptional students. Scholarship holders will go on to represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the University.
Terms and Conditions
Please note that these terms and conditions are subject to English law and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
1. Scholarship details
We are offering 37 Scholarships comprising of a 15% discount on the cost of tuition fees(to be discounted from the total course tuition fee). The scholarship is available to international applicants on any undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD programme starting in September 2016.
Application process: Apply for the programme in the usual way by Friday 29 April 2016 and additionally complete the International scholarship application form bymidnight Friday 20 May 2016.
- Scholarship awards are decided by the International Scholarship Panel and all decisions are final. The University will not accept any appeals in respect of the decisions made by the Panel.
- Scholarships are awarded for the September entry of the academic year 2016/17 and will not be deferred to later years of entry. Course applicants who intend to defer their studies must re-apply for a scholarship in the year they will begin their studies.
- Scholarships are distributed proportionately over seven regions: East Asia, the Middle East, Europe and Central Asia, South East Asia, Africa, South Asia, the Americas.
- All applicants will be notified of the panel's decision by the middle of July 2016.
- All awards will comprise a 15% discount off the cost of tuition fees for the academic year 2016/17. This discount is a single contribution and will not be continued in subsequent years and is not applicable to any additional fees such as re-submission or module resit fees. No cash alternative will be offered.
- The scholarship does not replace the deposit of £3000. All scholarship winners will need to pay the £3000 deposit for their course in order to receive an unconditional offer and a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). The amount of your scholarship will be deducted from the remaining fees.
- The scholarships cannot be combined with any other University bursary, discount or awards, except the 2% prompt payment discount. This will be deducted from the tuition fees remaining after the scholarship discount has been applied at enrolment.
- Students who are eligible for the Brunel Academic Excellence scholarship cannot be awarded a Brunel International scholarship. If you apply and later become eligible for an Academic Excellence scholarship, we will automatically withdraw your application for the Brunel International scholarships and award you the Academic Excellence Scholarship.
Conditions of Payment
- Scholarship awardees will be responsible for paying the remainder of their tuition fees after the scholarship contribution is deducted from the total fees.
- Scholarship awards will not be credited towards tuition fees until the applicant has fully enrolled at Brunel University London, which includes having had their qualifications and other documentation verified and checked, and then completing the University enrolment procedures. This includes holding the correct visa to study.
- Scholarship awardees who have already paid the full course fees will receive a refund once they have met all conditions of their offer and enrolled onto their main course in person.
- Successful applicants will not be eligible to apply for this scholarship programme in subsequent years (i.e. If you are successful in achieving a scholarship for an undergraduate course at Brunel in Year one, you will not be able to apply for the scholarship again in Year two, nor will you be able to apply for the scheme again if you choose to do a postgraduate course at the University).
- Successful applicants will be required to engage with a wide range of publicity and promotional activities, plus a formal event during the academic year. Please note that this is a key requirement of the award and by accepting the award you will be entering into an agreement to undertake these activities. Failure to comply with this agreement may lead to withdrawal of the award.
Withdrawal of scholarship
- The University reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid by appropriate means.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from anyone who fails to comply with the requirement to take part in promotional activities, as stated in section three of these Terms and Conditions.
- A student who withdraws from their chosen programme of study prior to completion of Term 1 will not normally be requested to repay scholarship payments made up to withdrawal; however, the University reserves the right to charge tuition fees for the period between the start of the course and the date of withdrawal. A student in receipt of a scholarship who withdraws from their programme during their first year will not normally be requested to repay the scholarship. Any tuition fee liability remaining at the point of withdrawal is therefore calculated in accordance with Council Ordinance 10, (Student Centre to confirm which clause).
- A student electing to take a period of temporary withdrawal (abeyance) will only receive the scholarship once at the start of the course. If tuition fees remain due when returning from a period of temporary withdrawal then these would need to be paid upon return.
- Fee waivers are applied at the start of the academic year as part/all of a scholarship entitlement and will not normally be amended once the fee waiver has been processed. Any tuition fee liability remaining after fee waivers are applied would therefore be calculated in accordance with Council Ordinance 10. In the case of withdrawal or abeyance the tuition fee and the fee waiver are calculated in accordance with The Student Financial Policy.
If you have any questions or queries please contact the Brunel International Scholarship Team on email@example.com