In the new regulating profiling fund you can find the different possibilities of financial support that are available at NHTV, one of them is the bachelor scholarship for talented non-EU/EEA students. Here you will find more information about the NHTV Bachelor Scholarship for talented non-EU/EEA students and how to apply for this scholarship.
NHTV Bachelor Scholarship has been designed to support non-EU/EEA students who will pay the full tuition fee for bachelor programmes at NHTV. This scholarship consists of a € 3.000 reduction of the tuition fee in the first year studying at NHTV (paying the non-EU/ EEA tuition fee). In consecutive academic years, these students can receive a € 1.500 reduction of the tuition fee. This is possible for a maximum number of years NOT exceeding the regular length of the study programme. The student has earned at least 48 EC’s in the previous academic year for continuation of the NHTV Bachelor Scholarship. The number of scholarships for academic year 2016 – 2017 is limited and will be communicated via the website. Students need to apply as soon as possible and can be asked to provide additional information to substantiate allocation of the scholarship, under the condition that the applicant meets all eligibility criteria. Additional information may include overview of grades, a motivational letter or letters of recommendation. Next to the selected candidates, we will have a ‘reserve list’ on which the other candidates, who meet the requirements will be registered. If one of the selected students decides not to come to the Netherlands or fails to apply for the MVV in time, the next person on the reserve list will be granted the scholarship.
Requirements The student applying for NHTV Bachelor Scholarship:
• possesses a non-EU/EEA nationality and will pay the tuition fee for non-EU/EEA students;
• will be registered as a student at NHTV for the entire academic year;
• meets the visa requirements for entering and residing in the Netherlands as a foreigner;
• will provide all documents requested by the Student Office as required for registration as a student of NHTV (f.e. copy residence permit) in time; • has not been awarded another scholarship that already covers all expenses;
• will only be awarded a scholarship of € 1.500 for the consecutive academic years when he/she has obtained a minimum of 48 ECTS during the preceding academic year;
• will only be awarded the scholarship for a period not exceeding the maximum length of the regular study programme, e.g. when a student is starting in the second year, the student will receive scholarship for a maximum of three years;
• will observe all regulations and values of NHTV as laid down in – amongst others – Code of Conduct, Student Statute, Examination Regulations (OER) and study handbook
Application procedure and deadlines
The student fills out and sends the application form to Student Office as soon as possible, May 1, 2016 at the latest, per e-mail via Scholarships@nhtv.nl We will only consider applications, if the student has completed the full application for a study programme and has handed in all requested documents (as far as possible). These will also be used to assess eligibility for the scholarship and the quality of the candidate.
The application deadline is May 1, 2016.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: