Bloomberg Global Data Summer Internship
Are you passionate about the financial markets? Are you hardworking, inquisitive, and innovative? If so, join us for a ten-week summer internship within Bloomberg's Global Data business.
Global Data focuses on specific market sectors, such as Equities, M&A, Earnings Estimates, Fixed Income, FX, Commodities, Mutual Funds and Derivatives, bringing transparency to the markets. You'll intern in a specific sector for the summer, working on real impact projects and tasks, but will receive training across all market sectors - developing Bloomberg product knowledge, learning about clients and their needs, and building relationships throughout the company. We will also provide training relevant to your role so you can develop your skill set over the course of the internship.
What's Global Data all about?
Global Data makes Bloomberg the most sought-after data source in the world. We collect, analyse, and present data that informs clients' decisions - and moves markets.
What we do in Global Data?
Global Data collaborates with Sales, News, and Research and Development, while staying in tune with our client needs, contributing to the development of the Data Management products and fuelling Bloomberg news stories with the data that we receive. Our Analysts:
· Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
· Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
· Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with client inquiries
· Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
· Intake and distill raw data to convey actionable information that enables our clients to make better-informed decisions
· Liaise with technology teams to enhance relevant product databases
What else can you expect from your internship opportunity?
Your internship starts with an orientation that introduces you to our culture and the state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal. Then, over the summer, you'll collaborate on exciting impactful projects that contribute to the work of our full-time analysts. You'll also:
· Learn about different Global Data product areas, including the opportunity to shadow a full-time Analyst on the job
· You will work closely with your line manager who will provide you with insight into the Bloomberg culture and environment, and constructive ongoing feedback.
· Participate in community service projects and other intern events
· Join our online learning network for continuing education
· High performing interns will be considered for a full time role at Bloomberg (subject to interview and headcount availability.)
What we look for:
We look for candidates who are working towards a degree or have equivalent work experience. If you are working towards a degree you will be in either your penultimate or final year of an undergraduate or Masters programme. If you are in your penultimate year of your undergraduate study, and plan to take a Masters afterwards, please apply next year. This is a pipeline summer internship and so if you are successful in gaining a full time offer it would be for either a place on our 2016 Programme or 2017 Programme and so you must be ready to start full time employment in either 2016 or 2017.
We also require you to have:
· Understanding of the financial markets
· Effective research and analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a time sensitive environment
· Commitment to enhancing and developing products
· Strong technical skills including an advanced level of Excel is essential
In addition, these skills and experiences can help distinguish you from other candidates for this role:
· Fluency in one or more European languages
· Recent work experience or internship in Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering, Data Modelling or related discipline
· Strong aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
· Enthusiasm and commitment to extracurricular activities and interests
What Bloomberg does - and how you can make your mark here:
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.