About the Program
The Amgen Scholars Program is a national program to increase research opportunities for students committed to pursuing careers in the sciences. This program provides outstanding science undergraduates with research experience and increases participants’ competitiveness as candidates for admission to prestigious graduate and professional institutions. Additionally, this program encourages participants to pursue a Ph.D. or the joint M.D./Ph.D. degree and research careers in the sciences and biotechnology. Applicants from diverse populations and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Research with world renowned faculty
- Participate in hands on research in a UCB faculty member’s lab
- Receive $4,200 stipend plus meals
- Obtain transferable college course credit
- Live in provided housing
- Paid round-trip travel cost
- Variety of social activities
- Access to UC Berkeley campus facilities
- Participate in the National Amgen Scholars Program Symposium at UCLA in July (all expenses paid)
- Attend Networking events with faculty, administrators, and graduate students
- GRE Prep Course
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (international students are ineligible;please view Amgen's international programs)
- Undergraduate students enrolled in four-year colleges and universities in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and other U.S. Territories
- Sophomores who have completed 4 quarters or 3 semesters of college, juniors, and non-graduating seniors who are returning in the fall to continue their undergraduate studies (Freshmen and students enrolled in community colleges are ineligible to apply)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Interested in research and the pursuit of a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D.
- Prior research experience preferred
- Previous Amgen Scholars are ineligible to apply
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: