AUA Summer Tech, 3-21 July, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
Have you ever thought about diving into the fastest growing industry in Armenia? Have you ever wondered about the inner workings of artificial intelligence? This summer, the American University of Armenia’s (AUA) Extension program will be organizing a three-course training session over a period of three weeks that lets you roll up your sleeves and tackle some of the most interesting developments and programs in Information Technology (IT). All high school students (ages 15-18) are eligible to participate.
Dates: July 3 – 21 (Monday to Friday)
Hours: 11 AM – 4 PM
Cost: 165,000 AMD (includes application fee, 3-week tuition fee and lunch)
Venue: American University of Armenia
The three-week period includes an introduction to the most actual programs being used in the IT industry today: Augmented Reality/ Virtual Reality, Lego Mindstorms Education EV3, and Blockchain. Arloopa is an app and game development tool, which provides advanced AR and VR services. Lego Mindstorms Education EV3 enables students to build, program, and test their solutions based on real-life robotics technology, and Blockchain is an emerging platform for digital assets. All three platforms are used as tools in educational, engineering, banking and financial services, and therefore represent a very applicable skill set in Armenia’s job market… your future job market! Every day we will have a guest lecturer from the IT industry, sharing his/her experience starting with the words “I do…” This is going to be useful and fun! Don’t miss the opportunity!
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.