This course aims at coaching prospective AUA applicants in preparing for the AUA e-Math Test. The higher you score in this test, the better your chances for admission to and success in the AUA undergraduate program of your choice. The course combines several instructional methods to give students the most comprehensive training. It covers all sections included in the AUA Math Test: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Functions, Vectors, and Sets. The instructor works on your basic skills and understanding of elementary mathematical concepts, as well as the ability to reason quantitatively and to solve problems in a test setting. The AUA e-Math Preparatory Course instructor will:
- Test students enrolled in this preparatory course to determine individual levels.
- Review with students each question type to determine individual strengths and weaknesses, and work on specific strategies and tactics to better prepare students with each type of question.
- Coach students to acquire skills and strategies for success in this standardized test.
- Discuss student questions in an interactive format, focusing on identified problem areas, practicing valuable techniques, and correcting common errors before the official test date.
Duration: 54 hours, 6 weeks
Schedule: 3 times per week, 3 hours per session
Fee: AMD 80,000 (VAT inclusive)
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.