The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Programme (ADB-JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan.
The programme aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB's developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region. The University of Auckland is a participating academic institution.
Upon completion of their study programmes, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
University of Auckland programmes covered by this scholarship scheme are limited to the following:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Master of Commerce (International Business)
- Masters programmes in Engineering
The ADB-JSP provides for the scholars:
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
- Airfare from the scholar's home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- Basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar's home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
Note: The ADB-JSP does not cover the scholar's dependants.
How to Apply
Please apply for admission online as an international applicant for one of the programmes listed above for the 2016 intake.
You are required to submit the following documents in support of your application:
- ADB-JSP information sheet
- Verified copy of your passport or birth certificate
- Academic transcript and completion certificate
- IELTS/TOEFL results
- A passport-size photo
If you are successful in gaining admission to a postgraduate programme and receive an official Offer of Place from the University of Auckland, you may proceed to Step 4. If you are unsuccessful or receive a conditional offer do not proceed to Step 4 until you have fulfilled the condition/s of your offer.
Complete the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship application form and either post or courier with all required documents to the University.
Applications and Admissions
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Student Information Centre
22 Princes Street
A selection process will take place after the application closing date. All applicants who have submitted complete applications for 2016 will be notified of the outcome by the end of November 2015. Incomplete ADP-JSP applications will be deemed ineligible.
Applications for 2016 closed on 20 July 2015. Application for programmes to start in 2015 has closed.
Note: You must complete Step 4 (submit the full ADB-JSP Application form) before the closing date.
For more information about the ADB-JSP application to the University of Auckland please contact:
Applications and Admissions
Phone: +64 9 923 5025
Fax: +64 9 308 2363
For more information on ADB-JSP please visit Asian Development Bank.