Journalists from Asia and Europe attended 2 intensive ASEF Journalists’ Workshops, in Brussels, Belgium, January 2016 and in Guangzhou, China, May 2016. These workshops focused on the themes of connectivity and collaboration between Asia and Europe, specifically relating to the practice and role of journalism.
The workshops were organised in the lead up to the 8th Editors’ Roundtable (ERT8) held in conjunction with the 11th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM11) in July 2016 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. In addition, an online survey was produced by ASEF to capture perceptions and activities relating to the digital connectivity of journalists throughout Asia and Europe. Outcomes and recommendations from the 2 workshops and the survey offered input into ERT8 in July 2016.
This workshop looks at the Roundtable conclusions and action points, and will recommend a roadmap for collaboration among journalists from Asia and Europe with a special focus on digital tools and platforms.
Participants Registration is currently open.
Invitation to Apply
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) welcomes applications to the ASEF Journalists’ Workshop, which will be held from 4-7 October 2016 in Madrid, Spain.
Travel to and from Madrid, accommodations, and conference meals will be covered by the organisers.
About the ASEF Journalists’
The Workshop offers an opportunity for 15 journalists (from Asia and Europe), to come together to share their professional media experiences and perspectives from national and regional levels.
The theme will focus on media connectivity between Asia and Europe and the media’s responsibility in connecting communities and sharing information.
Eligibility Applicants must:
• be a citizen of an ASEM member country
• be currently employed as a journalist (traditional media, online media, freelance are all eligible)
• have more than 5 years of working experience as a journalist covering international affairs
• Deadline for applications: Monday, 29 August 2016 9:00am(Singapore time: GMT+8)
• Shortlisted candidates will be notified on 1 September 2016
• The list of successful applicants will be published on 9 September
To APPLY ONLINE click "Further official information" below.