Policy makers, business executives, start-up founders, community organizers and others in leadership roles usually struggle in bringing their message across. Why? Because they lack the knowledge and skills of creating key messages. This absolutely can be set right.
This course will give the participants the inside scoop of creating great key messages.
The participants will:
• Understand why they need to create key messages and actually create some;
• Learn to create “frames”, tell their story and master the skills of persuasion;
• Grasp how to boil down complicated concepts into words that anyone can understand.
After this course (if you sign-up of course) you’ll be able turn a 150 articles draft law or hundreds of megabytes worksheet or dreamlike and technologically infused start-up financing pitch into a 10 seconds long story to inspire.
Wednesday, December 13
18:30 – 21:00 – Theory and Application
Thursday, December 14
18:30 – 21:00 – Practice, Doing it in Real Life
Course Fee: 37,500 AMD
Students registering with a valid student ID: 17,500 AMD
About the instructor: Varoujan Avedikian teaches leadership, negotiaitions and communications in various forums. He also teaches Financial Law and Business Law at the French University of Armenia. Mr. Avedikian heads the Legal Department of the Central Bank since 2006, where he has spearheaded many of the legal and policy reforms. Mr. Avedikian has Masters in Public Administration from Harvard University Kennedy School of Government, LL.M. from Boston University School of Law, and another LL.M. from University of Leicester School of Law. He is also an avid swimmer and yoga practitioner.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.