Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Law Student Scholarship
Established in 2012 at the Newcastle Law School 20 Year Anniversary Alumni dinner, this scholarship aims to assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) students wishing to pursue a career in Law.Applicable to: ATSI, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islanders, Indigenous, Law students, high achievers.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of a Law undergraduate degree program
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum 30 units).
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement outling career aspirations in Law (2 x A4 Pages)
- A written reference made by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community member.
The scholarship provides the benefit of $2000, payable as two lump sums of $1000 after Semester 1 and 2 census dates.
Selection will be on the basis of:
- Assessment of the documentation requested,
- Academic merit (ATAR or Cumulative GPA)
- Evidence of your identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Faculty of Business and Law
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: