The Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China has collaborated with Xiamen University for MOFCOM Scholarship to strengthen the cooperation and communication between other countries and China alongside recognizing talents from developing countries.
MOFCOM Scholarship has been sponsoring young and middle-aged students globally to pursue their postgraduate degrees in China.
Xiamen University is founded in China by the Chinese leader Mr. Tan Kah Kee. The University is included in Type A universities designated by the Chinese Government to achieve world-class standing and was placed among the world’s top 400 institutions in various authoritative world university rankings, such as THE, QS, US News, and ARWU.
Xiamen University China MOFCOM Scholarship-CSC Program 2022/2023 is available to undertake Masters level programs at Xiamen University.
- Students are exempt from tuition fee, teaching material fee, research and survey fee, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fee;
- Free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend:
36000RMB per year per master student,
42000RMB per year per PhD student;
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
- Free medical insurance for international students;
- One-time round-trip international airfare for all the students (First time fly to China after enrollment, and Fly back to home country while graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program, “n” is less than or equal to three) round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year);
- The annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to enjoy full scholarships in the next year.
- Other expenses shall be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or the universities as a whole, and shall not be distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides students with financial assistance within their enrolled academic duration. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive the continuing sponsorship
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and under the age of 45;
- be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
a) Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations
b) Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases which may harm public health
- c) In recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
d) Severe physically challenged
- with at least three years’ working experience, and be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
- be incumbents with a relevant educational background or working experience to the applied program are preferred;
- be public officials of division level and above (or corresponding level) in government sectors, or senior management staff of organizations and enterprises, or academic backbones of universities and research institutions;
- be sufficient in English which meets the academic requirements of Xiamen University’s English-medium programs, be equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above level;
- be with the potential of professional development, and is committed to promoting the friendly exchanges and cooperation between the host country and China;
- be neither studying in China nor being admitted to other scholarship programs provided by Chinese government.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.