Close Up is very happy to announce our call for applications for our fourth edition! After an incredibly successful three years, we eagerly look forward to our fourth cohort of talented filmmakers.
Close Up is a non-profit NGO based in Brussels, Belgium that provides annual training, development, and mentorship for documentary filmmakers.
As we continue to examine our present reality with a lens of reclamation and keeping Close Up’s long-standing commitment to nurturing artistic and cultural endeavors, we decided to define our organization as a cinematic initiative for non-fiction filmmakers from Southwest Asia and North Africa. Close Up continues to push forward and work towards a more just, peaceful, and equal future.
In that context we are happy to announce that Close up is also open for filmmakers from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia, filmmakers from these countries are now eligible to apply for the Close Up Program.
- Workshops and tutorial sessions will be held in English, so the participants must be able to communicate in this language.
- Participants will have to participate in a full series of three week-long workshops within 9 months. Workshops will be taking place in the months of December, March and June.
- The project submitted may be in a stage of development, pre-production or production.
- Submitted projects must have an international relevancy.
- The selected filmmakers should be ready to collaborate during the program with an international co-producer.
- Eligible are filmmakers at early to mid career, who have made at least one short film.
- Applicant may act as a director or producer of a project.
Selected filmmakers will be awarded a complete grant covering tuition fee, flight ticket(s), accommodation, and meals during the workshops.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.