The U.S. Embassy Nouakchott Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State announces a request for Statements of Interest from organizations interested in applying for funding for program proposals that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Mauritania through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation.
PAS Nouakchott invites SOIs for programs that strengthen education, entrepreneurship, and cultural and environmental ties between the U.S. and Mauritania through programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation.
All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote an increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
- Length of performance period: 1 to 12 months
- Number of awards anticipated: 5-10 awards (dependent on amounts)
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $30,000 to a maximum of $100,000
- Total estimated available funding: $300,000
- Type of Funding: The fiscal Year 2022 Public Diplomacy Funding
- Anticipated programs start date: During Fiscal Year 2022
- Participants and Audiences: The target audiences should be youth, women, culturally/ethnically diverse communities, and/or marginalized groups.
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from the United States and Mauritania, including from:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Educational institutions
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
The following types of programs are among those not eligible for funding:
- Programs relating to partisan political activity.
- Charitable or development activities.
- Construction programs.
- Programs that support specific religious activities.
- Fund-raising campaigns.
- Lobbying for specific legislation or programs.
- Scientific research.
- Programs intended primarily for the growth or institutional development of the organization.
- Programs that are not Mauritania-specific.
- Programs submitted on behalf of individuals.
- Programs that duplicate existing programs.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.