The French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme offers 10-month fellowships in the six Institutes of Aix-Marseille, Loire Valley, Lyon, Montpellier, Nantes and Paris. It welcomes applications from high level international scholars and scientists primarily in the fields of the social sciences and the humanities (SSH).
Degree & experience
At the time of the application deadline, researchers will have to be in possession of a doctoral degree plus 2 years of full-time research experience after the degree.
Exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
Researchers from all countries and nationalities are eligible to the programme. Applicants must fulfil the transnational MSCA mobility rule: incoming researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
The programme is open to all social sciences and humanities. Applicants are strongly encouraged to check the IAS’ websites to learn more about the scientific orientation of the Institutes and their potential opening to disciplines outside the humanities and social sciences. Applications from artists matching the eligibility requirements are welcome.
Applicants must provide full application forms and all requested documents through the online application platform. Incomplete applications are not considered eligible.
Applications not complying with the maximum length criteria will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English (even partially) will not be considered. This includes letters of recommendation and support. Late applications will not considered - the online application platform prevents applicants from submitting after the deadline.
The FIAS Fellowship Programme is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and working towards greater diversity within its academic community. It will not discriminate against researchers in any way (gender, age, ethnic, national or social origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political opinion, social or economic condition).
Applicants are required to submit the following documents (in English exclusively):
- The completed FIAS online application form
- A detailed curriculum vitae comprising a list of publications
- Copy of the PhD/Master diploma in a pdf format -if the writing system/script used in the diploma is not Latin (but, for example, Cyrillic, Chinese, Arabic or some other), a Latin script university certificate or official translation is requested-
- A detailed research proposal (maximum 5 pages and a bibliography - 1 additional page)
- A selection of three to five publications (articles or book chapters) *
- Up to two letters of recommendation (optional) **
- A letter of support/interest by an IAS’s local scientific partner (only requested and mandatory for Le Studium (Loire Valley IAS), for the Collegium de Lyon, for
- MAK’IT (Montpelier IAS) and for the Paris IAS.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.