Are you studying the social, political, economic, media-related or cultural effects of digitalization? You want more freedom for your work and are interested in interdisciplinary exchange? Apply to become a Fellow at CAIS.
As a Fellow, you will receive a grant for the duration of your stay. Alternatively, CAIS will finance the costs for a replacement at your home institution while you are away.
The modern infrastructure at CAIS offers optimal working conditions and a wide range of opportunities for exchanging ideas. During your stay, you will be accommodated in a comfortable apartment free of charge.
A fellowship at CAIS gives you the freedom to pursue autonomous research and collaborations according to your own priorities. Take up to six months to concentrate exclusively on your research, free from other obligations. Take advantage of our diverse international and interdisciplinary exchange opportunities.
With its fellowships, CAIS supports excellent researchers and practitioners of all career stages, whose work focuses on the social opportunities and challenges of the digital transformation. An academic degree is not required. The research agenda offers orientation for project content.
During the fellowship, CAIS will pay for your temporary replacement at your home institution. Alternatively, CAIS will award grants of up to 1,843 euros per month.
As a fellow, you will receive travel grants to participate in events where you present your CAIS project. You also have the opportunity of inviting visiting fellows with whom you wish to collaborate during your stay at CAIS. Applications to invite visiting fellows can be submitted along with your original application or during the fellowship.
During their program at CAIS, fellows work in Bochum. The comfortable apartments, which are provided rent-free, are just a few minutes’ walk away from CAIS.
Applications can be submitted in German or English via the application form on the CAIS website. Please refer to the call for applications for details.
An application consists of the following elements:
- Personal data and requested funds
- Outline of proposal
- abstract of proposal (max. 300 words)
- subject and lines of research (max. 1.500 words)
- academic results (max. 300 words)
- practical results (max. 300 words)
- preliminary work (max. 300 words)
- work plan (max. 300 words)
- concept for own contribution to the exchange at CAIS (max. 300 words)
in the case of academic projects
- current state of research (max. 700 words)
- theories and methods (max. 700 words)
- Where applicable: application for the invitation of a visiting fellow and/or of experts for talks or workshops
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF, max. two pages with no more than five publication references)
- One relevant publication (PDF, max. 5 MB)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.