Expand your research experience, deepen your knowledge and form global connections that will advance your scientific career with the A*STAR International Fellowship. This scholarship fully funds your post-doctoral training at leading overseas laboratories. With this international exposure, you can connect with the global research community and build international networks. Upon completion your post-doctorate training, you will be embarking on an exciting career at an A*STAR research institute.
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals may apply but non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have completed a PhD within the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory.
- Applicants in the final stages of their PhD may apply for the AIF. However, their AIF award is confirmed only upon conferment of their PhD degree.
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Annual return airfare
- Other allowances including
- Settling-in allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Annual personal insurance
*All rates/allowances vary according to country and university/lab, and are subject to A*STAR adjustments from time to time
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.