Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence Scheme
The Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) scheme aims to increase the knowledge and awareness in UK universities of cutting edge industrial science, research and innovation.
The Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) scheme, part of the Science, Industry and Translation programme, aims to increase the knowledge and awareness in UK universities of cutting edge industrial science, research and innovation.
The scheme provides opportunities for enthusiastic, highly experienced industrial scientists and entrepreneurs to spend one day a week at a university developing a bespoke project to:
- expose university staff and students to state-of-the-art industrial research and development, and the scientific challenges faced by industry
- provide support and expert advice aimed at promoting innovation and the translation of research by universities
- grow confidence in and understanding of business and entrepreneurship among staff and students
- provide career recognition to the award holders, and support their professional development
The scheme provides a contribution to the basic salary for the EiR and towards travel and project costs.
The scheme is currently funded by the Royal Society.
Am I eligible to apply?
The scheme covers all areas of the life and physical sciences, including engineering, but excluding clinical medicine.
The scheme is open to applicants of any nationality, who are eligible to work in the UK for the duration of the award. Applicants should have a background in science and engineering. They must be able to demonstrate significant experience of working in science in an industrial research context, and one or more of the following:
- experience of managing university-business collaborations and the translation and commercialisation of research
- experience of entrepreneurship, such as company formation and growth, investment etc
- experience or interest in training, coaching or mentoring
Applicants can be either employed full-time, part-time, or self-employed.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.