Skoltech gives its PhD students the opportunity to earn a PhD degree by completing a Skoltech doctoral program and defending a PhD Thesis, summarizing the research work performed during their doctoral studies.
The Skoltech PhD degree is conferred based on the PhD Defense Jury’s decision, and following the candidate’s PhD Thesis Defense.
The degrees are awarded in the fields of knowledge determined by Skoltech and are directly linked to the relevant doctoral programs. There are currently seven doctoral programs available at Skoltech:
- Mathematics and Mechanics
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Computational and Data Science and Engineering
- Engineering Systems
- Petroleum Engineering
Stage 1. Application at Skoltech’s online portal
Applications to the Ph.D. program are accepted at this page. As part of the process, applicants must present the following:
- Online application
- Motivation letter
- Proof of proficiency in English, i.e., TOEFL or IELTS (students may submit an application without this information, but all will be asked to provide it at a later date)
- Copy of transcripts, in English (and original language) of all higher education institutions attended. In the application phase, copies will be sufficient, but official copies must be provided at a later date.
- Optional: results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- As part of the admission process, applicants should indicate the Skoltech faculty member(s) with whom they wish to pursue doctoral studies. Applicants may review the Skoltech faculty profiles before beginning the online application on the web-page of each PhD Program and get in touch (via e-mail) with the faculty member.
Stage 2. Selection Days
During Selection Days, participants go through interviews and an English test (for those who don’t have TOEFL or IELTS certificate). Invitations to Selection Days are reserved for those students who submitted the strongest online applications.
The Skoltech MSc and PhD programs provide multidisciplinary educational experience in brand-new facilities with world-class professors with international exchange opportunities with no tuition fee and one goal: to prepare students to impact Russia and the world and foster socio-economic development through scientific discovery and technological innovation.
- Courses and supervision by world-renowned scientists and engineers.
- All educational programs delivered in English. English is our language of instruction and official business.
- Wide range of courses; individual study plan that allows students to obtain modern education with broad interdisciplinary component. Possibility to choose between fundamental and applied profiles within the program.
- Open dynamic international environment bringing together hundreds of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs with serious ambitions. Students and professors from more than 25 countries study and teach at Skoltech.
- Cross-curriculum double-degree programs and network educational programs with leading Russian universities, wide opportunity to attend different courses in this universities inside the curriculum.
- Opportunity to perform a research and learn the best practice in world-leading universities, laboratories, participate in international conferences, variety of academic mobility programs. More than 1/3 of our students perform a research or an educational component in Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Tel Aviv University, University of Calgary, Harvard Medical School, National University of Singapore and other world-leading universities.
- Integration of research, education and innovation. Culture of supporting student startups.
- “Student package”: significant stipends and free medical insurance.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: