Leiden University Fund – Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship
The Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the Leiden University Fund have joined forces to support students who demonstrate exceptional academic excellence and a strong motivation to promote Euro-Arab dialogue. The Fund shall provide one full scholarship annually to a Master’s student from an Arab country to attend an advanced Master’s programme at Leiden University.
Moreover, the scholarship is strengthened by a mentoring programme that offers the scholarship recipient guidance on a personal and professional level and also provides access to the Foundation’s extensive and diverse network and platforms.
New applications for the 2020/2021 academic year opened on January 1, 2020. Due to current circumstances, the new application deadline is April 30th 2020. Applications to Leiden University are processed year round for the September and February intake. Applications may take between 4-6 weeks to be processed by Leiden University. Only applicants with an official letter of acceptance from Leiden University will be considered for a scholarship by the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation.
Leiden University advises that housing registration be done as early as possible. Should you decide not to attend Leiden University, your housing application can be cancelled and fully refunded if you do so before the deadline of June 1, 2020
The scholarship is open to Arab students who have received an official letter of acceptance into a one year Master’s programme at Leiden University. Students must be nationals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen, and Sudan.
The maximum amount of the Leiden University Fund – Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship is €30,000.
Criteria for the evaluation
- Academic excellence
- Personal growth: Assessing the contribution the proposed field of study would have on the applicant’s continued academic and professional development and/or its potential for impact in the local context.
- Strong motivation in line with the ideals of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation’s goal of promoting Euro-Arab dialogue and understanding
- Financial need
Terms and Conditions
- Once the scholarship is granted and accepted, the signed terms and conditions form acts as a legal contract between the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the Leiden University Fund – Lutfia Rabbani Foundation scholar.
- A mid-year academic report is required
- Within two months time of completion of study, the student must submit a report of his/her experience to the Board of the Foundation. The Board of the Foundation reserves the right to edit the report for communication purposes.
- Within a year of completion of study, the student will complete a questionnaire provided by the Foundation to evaluate the impact of the scholarship.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: