Outstanding Visiting Student Scholarship
The content of scholarship
The “Outstanding Visiting Student Scholarship” is set to reward foreign masters and doctoral students who have come to our school for at least three months and have achieved excellent academic performance in NPU. Those who have already obtained other scholarships can apply for airfare.
Free tuition and insurance. The living expenses are paid to the students on a monthly basis. The standard of living expenses is 2,000 yuan/month for master's degree students and 3,500 yuan/month for doctoral students.
In the case of sufficient beds in the school dormitory, NPU provides free dormitory for scholarship students; students who choose off-campus accommodation, the accommodation fee is directly sent to the student by NPU. The standard is: Master's degree students: 600 yuan / month, Ph.D. students: 900 yuan / month.
Applicants who have received other types of scholarships can enjoy a ticket subsidy of no more than 5,000 yuan depending on the amount of the ticket. For those who have important partnerships with our school or special outstanding students, they need to be approved by the International Student Admissions Leading Group to apply for an increase of the funding out of actual needs.
● Application Conditions for “Outstanding Visiting Student Scholarship”:
1. Applicants should comply with Chinese laws and regulations, respect Chinese customs and habits and abide by the regulations and disciplines of the NPU.
2. Applicants should be master or doctoral students who have come to NPU for at least three months or more;
3. The applicants should meet one of the following conditions and the decision is made under preferential principle:
1.1 The applicant’s university should be the top 200 University of the global rankings of the Times Higher Education World University Ranking, the U.S.News & World Report-Global University Rankings, the QS World University Rankings, the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Academic Ranking of World Universities), and Shanghai Ranking's Global Ranking.
1.2 The subject that applicant is studying should be on the world's top 100 leading subject list of the Times Higher Education Academic Subjects Ranking, the U.S.News & World Report-Academic Subjects Ranking, the QS World University Rankings by Subject, the Shanghai Jiao Tong University Global Ranking of Academic Subjects, and the Shanghai Ranking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects.
1.3 Applicants should be foreign students who are recommended by the school's honorary professorship (honorary professor, consultant professor, lecture professor, special researcher, etc.);
1.4 Applicants are from NPU’S strategic partner institutions that has signed an agreement with the school of NPU or NPU itself.
● Scholarship Assessment and Issuance
The school shall establish the Scholarship Assessment Committee for “Study NPU” scholarships (hereinafter referred to as the “Assessment Committee”), and the members shall include the heads of relevant departments such as schools, Dean’s Office, graduate schools and International College, and experts as well as professors of related disciplines. The International College is responsible for the day-to-day management of scholarships.
1. The International college is responsible for receiving and reviewing the materials submitted by the applicant.
2. The jury determines the list of students who will eventually receive the scholarship.
3. The list of students who have obtained the “Outstanding Visit Student Scholarship” was announced in mid-July this year. The publicity time is not less than 7 working days.
4. The “Outstanding Visit Student Scholarship” of Northwestern Polytechnical University is organized and distributed by the Institute of International Education.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: