Mastercard Foundation has partnered with the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture, a network of 125 universities in 38 African countries to Transform African Agricultural Universities (TAGDev) to meaningfully contribute to Africa’s growth and development. The aim of the partnership is to transform African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation. Under this partnership, 110 undergraduate and 110 Masters Scholarships will be provided over a period of eight years. The scholarships target academically deserving yet economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities and those coming from conflict and post conflict areas of Africa. The scholarships are tenable at Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda.
Students enrolled under this scholarship program will receive comprehensive scholarships, leadership development, life skills support, entrepreneurship training and mentorship and exposure to community engagement. For the academic year 2020/2021, thirty (30) Master’s Scholarships are available, of which 50% will be for Kenya and Uganda nationals. Fifty percent (50%) of the scholarships will be awarded female applicants.
1. Be a national of Kenya and Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota
2. Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota
3. Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, coming from conflict and post conflict areas.
4. Be less than 30 years for Masters Studies by the deadline of the application.
5. The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the University of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University). Continuing students are NOT eligible.
6. For admission into the two universities, one must have completed a relevant Bachelor Degree with a second class honours, upper division.
7. Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness and entrepreneurship.
8. Demonstrate commitment to leadership.
9. Have commitment to working in agriculture, agricultural value chains and rural development.
10. Have a strong commitment to community engagement and transformation.
Eligible Programs of study
The following academic programs are eligible for application during the Academic Year 2020/2021.
1. Master of Science in Food Security and Community Nutrition
2. Master of Science in Agri-enterprises Development
3. Master of Science in Animal Production and Marketing
4. Master of Science in Environmental Science and Natural Resources Management
1. Master of Science in Agri-enterprise Development
2. Master of Science in Horticulture
3. Master of Science in Natural Resources Management
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: