International PhD Fellowship Programme
The Fundació Centre de Regulació Genòmica (CRG) - Guangzhou Regenerative Medicine and Health Guangdong Laboratory (GDL) are recruiting within the CRG - GDL International PhD Fellowship Programme, highly talented and motivated students, with backgrounds in biological or biomedical sciences, physics, chemistry, mathematics computer science and/or related disciplines.
Fellows will benefit from an exciting international scientific environment and an integrated training programme, including access to state of the art infrastructure , lectures and seminars, specialised scientific and technological courses, complementary skills training and career development activities, PhD symposia and retreats, as well as social activities.
Selected PhD students will receive an annual work contract with a competitive salary that will be renewed annually for a maximum of 4 years following the applicable national regulations. All PhD students will receive health and accident insurance coverage.
All PhD students will receive additional funding to cover for expenses related to PhD tuition fees, participation in conferences, training sessions or any other activity related to the scientific or academic activity of the PhD students.
Candidates should fulfil the following eligibility criteria at the time of the call deadline. If it becomes clear before, during or after the evaluation phase that one or more of the eligibility criteria have not been fulfilled, the proposal is declared ineligible and is withdrawn from any further examination.
- The call is open to candidates of any nationality.
- Candidates must have a high working knowledge of English.
- Candidates must have obtained a University Degree and a Master Degree in biomedical sciences within the European Higher Education System (minimum 300 ECTS) or an equivalent University Degree that allows to start a PhD thesis in the candidate’s home country by October 2020. Candidates who expect to be awarded with such degree by October 2020 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record, previous research experience and a strong commitment for scientific research.
How to apply
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Candidates must register in order to use the online application system.
- The online application form requests all of the necessary information for the initial stages of the selection process (General information, Education, Coursework, Honours, scholarships, prizes and awards, research experience, scientific interests.)
- If the academic transcripts are not in English applicants should also attach a translation.
- Details on the referees that will provide two letters of reference.
- Applicants should select a maximum of 2 projects in which they would like to work.
- Candidates must ensure that all information is included before the call deadline. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
Once the application is submitted, an acknowledgement of receipt will be automatically sent by e-mail to the applicant.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.