Global Korea Scholarship for Graduate Degrees
In 2020, Korean Government's Global Korea Scholarship program aims to invite 1,276 international students from 153 regions who wish to pursue a graduate level degree (master's or doctoral) or research in Korea.
To be selected as a GKS (KGSP) grantee, an applicant must successfully pass the 1st round of selection managed by the Korean embassy where he or she holds the citizenship or NIIED-designated Korean universities.
Please first check the "2020 GKS-G Application Guidelines", "2020 GKS-G University Information" and attached files below to learn about the list of countries invited to take part in our program, qualifications, available universities and majors, application procedures, application forms, and further more.
The deadline will be decided by each institution or office that accepts the application documents, i.e. the Korean Embassy, Korean Education Center, or Korean university.
*Application deadline may differ from one country to another or by each university; it is expected to be around mid or late March.
We highly advise you to make sure to check the calls for 2020 GKS application separately announced by relevant institutions or offices.
○ All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
○ Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
○ Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
(※Exception: For overseas Korean applicants holding Japanese citizenship, if their parents hold 7 „Permanent Residency Permit‟ within Japan while holding Korean citizenship, are eligible to apply.)
○ Must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1980)
○ Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1975) and hold citizenship of one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients listed in the table below are eligible to apply.
○ Applicants must hold or must be expected to hold a Bachelor‟s, Master‟s or a Doctoral degree by August 31st, 2020.
- Doctoral Program Applicants: Must hold a Master‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Master‟s degree
- Master‟s Program Applicants: Must hold a Bachelor‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Bachelor‟s degree
- Research Program Applicants: Must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master‟s degree and must have received an invitation from one of NIIED‟s designated Korean universities.
Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
Professor Exchange Program: Must hold a Master‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master‟s degree.
Program for Education·Science·Culture·International Professionals: Must hold a Master‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master‟s degree.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.